E’ venne il giorno del tanto sospirato Update 3a per Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5, tra i più attesi dagli utenti. Oltre ai soliti bug fix, ecco le novità più importanti:
- VMware vSphere 6.7 support: Includes the new HTML5 version of vSphere Web Client plug-in for Veeam Backup & Replication, and asynchronous NBD/NBDSSL support for improved read performance of network transport mode with ESXi 6.7.
- VMware vSphere 6.5 U2 preliminary support: This update addresses all outstanding U2-specific compatibility issues that can be managed from the Veeam side. However, there is a major regression in ESXi 6.5 U2 code that makes the vSphere API fail randomly during high host CPU load periods, consequently impacting a variety of Veeam Backup & Replication functionality. VMware is currently troubleshooting this bug, and fixing one will most likely require the new ESXi 6.5 U2 build issued.
- VMware vCloud Director 9.1: Update 3a provides compatibility for existing vCloud Director support functionality.
- VMware Cloud on AWS version 1.3: support and preliminary out-of-the-box compatibility with future VMC updates through removal of the API version match requirement.
- Microsoft Windows 10 April 2018 Update: Includes support as guest virtual machines and for installation of Veeam Backup & Replication and all of its components.
- Microsoft Windows Server 1803: provides Windows Server 1803 support as guest virtual machines, for installation of Veeam Backup & Replication remote components, and as a domain controller for Veeam Explorer™ for Microsoft Active Directory.
- Microsoft Windows Server Hyper-V 1803: Update 3a provides Hyper-V 1803 support as a hypervisor host, including support for processing VMs with virtual hardware version 8.3.
- Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager 1801: support.
Non mancano degli aggiornamenti per Veeam Cloud & Service Provider, che vede diverse novità e miglioramenti.